The use of this site, and the terms and conditions for our providing information, is governed by our Disclaimer. By using this site, you acknowledge that you have read the Disclaimer and that you accept and will be bound by the terms thereof.
THE INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS-IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE INFORMATION MAY CONTAIN ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. OUR SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ANY INACCURATE INFORMATION, FOR ANY REASON, AND USER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE INFORMATION RECEIVED (IF ANY). WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE). WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THIS SITE AND INFORMATION WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER ARE MADE AS TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENTNESS, COMPLETENESS, SUITABILITY OR APPLICABILITY OF THE INFORMATION TO A PARTICULAR SITUATION.
All responsibility and liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic files of this site are disclaimed.
All terms and conditions with respect to this site is governed by this Terms of Service Agreement.
This site contains links to other Internet sites. Such links are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by the Advanced Continuing Education Institute, LLC. You should understand that this does not mean that we have looked at all those sites or that we endorse them. Any link that you click on from this website may contain an affiliate link. We disclaim any responsibility for viewing pages outside of this website.
Terms and Conditions
The use of this site, and the terms and conditions for the sale of any goods and services, is governed by the Terms of Service Agreement. By using this site you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service Agreement and the disclaimers and caveats contained in this site, and that you accept and will be bound by the terms thereof.
The following is the terms of the agreement between the Advanced Continuing Education Institute, LLC (“Company”) and the buyer (“Buyer”) of goods or services through the Company’s Web site (the “Site”). If you do not agree to these terms, you will not be able to purchase anything, so please review these terms carefully:
1. Introduction. Buyer agrees to the terms and conditions outlined in this Online Contract (“Contract”) with respect to the goods, services and information provided by or through the Site. This Contract constitutes the entire and only agreement between the Company and Buyer, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties, and understandings with respect to the goods, services and information provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Contract. Buyer agrees to review this Contract prior to purchasing anything and purchase of a good or service shall be deemed acceptance of this Contract.
2. Setup and Payment. Buyer represents and warrants that (i) the credit card information supplied is true, correct and complete and (ii) charges incurred by the Buyer will be honored by the Buyer’s credit card company and (iii) Buyer shall pay charges incurred by Buyer at the amounts in effect at the time incurred, including all applicable taxes. Buyer shall be responsible for all charges incurred through use of Buyer’s password. Buyer agrees to keep his or her password confidential and to notify Company within 24 hours of any breach of this Contract or unauthorized use of the password. Company does not protect Buyer from unauthorized use of Buyer’s password.
3. Copyright. The content, organization, gathering, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights, and, the copying, redistribution, use or publication by a Buyer of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited.
4. Editing, Deleting, and Modification. Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit or delete any information or content appearing on the Site and to remove any goods and services for sale. Upon notice published over the Service, Company may modify this Contract, or prices, and may discontinue or revise any or all aspects of the Site in its sole discretion and without prior notice. Modification of this Contract will be deemed effective upon publication on the Site with respect to transactions occurring after said date.
5. Right to Refuse. Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse service at any time. Sale of any goods or services is subject to availability.
6. Indemnification. Buyer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Company and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, related to a Buyer’s violation of this Contract or use of the Site.
7. Non-Transferable. Buyer’s right to use the Service is not transferable and is subject to any limits established by Company or by Buyer’s credit card company.
8. Disclaimer. THE SERVICE, CONTENT, GOODS AND SERVICES FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF COMPANY, FOR ANY REASON, AND BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE PARTICULAR ITEMS PURCHASED. COMPANY AND ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DEALERS OR SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND BUYER. THIS SITE AND GOODS AND SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. SOME STATE STATUTES MAY APPLY REGARDING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
9. Refund Policy. If a product purchased is defective, Buyer can return the product in its original condition within 30 days of receipt. In such event, Company shall provide Buyer a credit for other purchases from the Site (less shipping and handling charges incurred). Any item that is electronic and/or reproducible format,
including but not limited to books, CD-ROMs, VHS tapes, DVD tapes, etc, are not refundable for any reason, but may be exchanged for an identical item if defected and returned within 30 days. This Section 9 sets forth Buyer’s sole and exclusive right to refund.
10. Seminar Policies. All cancellations must be submitted and received 14 days prior to the seminar date for a full refund minus any chargeback fees imposed by our merchant account. Any cancellation or no-show within 14 days will receive a refund minus $100 for administration costs. Participants may transfer tuition to another Advanced Continuing Education Institute, LLC seminar at any time. The Advanced Continuing Education Institute, LLC reserves the right to cancel any course and will not be responsible for any charges incurred by the registrant due to cancellation. A full refund of tuition will be made if the Company cancels the course. The Company reserves the right to change a course date, location, or instructor at any time. No refund will be issued if the course is in progress and is interrupted by an Act of War or God or any other issue beyond our control. The Company will not be held responsible for any participant expenses other than a refund of course tuition due to course cancellation.
11. Use of Information. Company reserves the right, and Buyer authorizes Company, to the use and assignment of all information regarding Buyer’s use of the Site and all information provided by Buyer, subject to applicable law.
12. Miscellaneous. This Contract shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Birmingham, Alabama, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and of the State of Alabama (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action of Buyer with respect to the Site must be instituted within six (6) months after any purchase or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 8. The language in this Contract shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Contract shall be brought solely in Birmingham, Alabama, and Buyer expressly submits to the jurisdiction of said courts and Buyer consents to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site or the Company is in conflict or inconsistent with this Contract, this Contract shall take precedence. Failure of Company to enforce any provision of this Contract shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for the Advanced Continuing Education Institute, LLC (The “Company”) website, www.advancedceu.com.
Information Collection and Use
Company is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Company collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
In order to use the full features of this website, a user may first be asked to complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give their contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest.
We request information from the user on our order form. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user. The order process is performed through 1shoppingcart, RegOnline, and Authorize.net.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We also maintain a database of names and demographic information that may be shared with our partners and advertisers.We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services.These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just ‘surfing’. All order processing takes place off of the Company’s website and through 1shoppingcart.com.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to your information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter,
as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our customers’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment, behind a locked cage. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can use our contact form.
Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see our choice and opt-out below.
Site and Service Updates
We may also send the user site and service announcement updates. Members are not able to un-subscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email or phone.
Correction/Updating Personal Information:
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. This can usually be done at the member information page or by emailing our Customer Support.
Our users are given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for the information. Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials from our partners may opt-out of receiving these communications by using our contact form. Users of our site are always notified when their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this so our users can make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with services that require an outside party, or not.
Notification of Changes
Third-Party Web Beacons: We use third-party web beacons from Google and Yahoo! to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Google and Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Advanced Continuing Education Institute, LLC
All materials within this website © 2004-2012 Advanced Continuing Education Institute, LLC. All Rights Reserved.